Am I expected to report my holdings or gains in India an annual basis - even if I don't have a tax liability? If yes, under what section and what forms do I need to report the same in India?

Modified on Wed, 25 Jan 2023 at 03:52 PM

Where a person is a ROR he/she is required to file his/her income tax return if the person has any kind of foreign assets.

The reporting in this regard would be as follows:

1. Details of foreign assets and income from any source outside India Schedule FA of the relevant Income Tax Return (ITR)

2. Details of Income from outside India (only in the case of resident and ordinarily resident) Schedule FSI of the relevant ITR

Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. None of the contents of this article should be treated as advice.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article